Germany Tourist Visa from Dubai
Germany Tourist Visa for UAE Residents : Apply for Germany Visit Visa
Apply for Germany Tourist from Dubai with Go Kite Tours. Located in the heart of Western Europe, Germany is a vibrant country with so much to offer for travellers. Germany is a destination that welcomes you with great outdoors and rich history. When you travel through modern Germany you will be taken back to the good old days of Medieval time.
Germany is one of the most popular and has been at the heart of Europe for centuries. The festivals, medieval towns, stunning scenery, amazing cuisines, sensational architecture, and much more to experience in Germany. The country is very easy to explore as the transport system is modern and most of the people do speak English, Which makes it an easy country to explore.
Tourist Visa to Germany
Most people do need a tourist visa to enter the country. The German tourist visa is a travel document that allows you to enter Germany and travel to other Schengen. The Tourist visa issued by Germany can also be referred to as the Schengen Short term tourist visa.
The German Tourist visa is issued for those who want to visit the country for Leisure purposes. The travellers who entered Germany on a tourist visa must not take up gainful employment during their stay and they should exceed the visa validity.
All tourist visa holders are not allowed to work or study in Germany. Therefore, you must apply for a work permit or student visa or any other type of visa based on your intention of staying.
If you are holding a Tourist Visa (Schengen Visa) issued by Germany you are also allowed to travel to the below-listed Schengen countries
Schengen Countries you can visit with a Tourist Visa Issued by Germany:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
Applying for Germany Tourist Visa from UAE
The German tourist visa is applied with the nearest German embassy in your place of residence. The first step is to make an appointment for the immigration interview. All required documents should be submitted in person following an appointment. Residents of Dubai can submit the documents at the German embassy in Dubai and Abu Dhabi residents can apply at the German Embassy office in Abu Dhabi. Residents of all other emirates can submit either in Dubai or in Abu Dhabi.
Documents Required for Germany Tourist Visa
Passport: Home country passport with a minimum of six months validity. The new passport should have a minimum of 3 blank pages and also should submit the old passport if any.
Application Form: Duly filled application form issued by the Embassy of Germany. Fully concluded in English or German and signed and dated by the applicant himself ( signed by both parents in case of minors, below the age of 18)
Valid UAE Residency: Emirates ID and Copy of the stamped residency visa (valid at least three months from the date of expiry of the requested visa / intended end of the journey)
- 1 passport copy of pages containing personal data
- 1 copy of the signature page (signed by the passport holder
- 1 copy of UAE residence permit/visa
- Copies of previous Schengen visa
For GCC Nationals- Copy of valid Emirates ID card
Personal Photograph: 2 recent colour photographs
- Two identical photos. Not older than six months.
- Photo size: 35x45mm.
- In colour. No black and white
- The Head should take 70-80% of the photo.
- Brightly coloured background. Light grey is suggested.No patterns.
- Facing the camera
- Neutral face expression
- Avoid uniforms or colours matching the background.
Personal Covering letter: Stating the intention of the travel and details of family members travelling.
Proof of sufficient financial means:
- Original stamped and signed personal bank statement for the last three months showing regular income, no deposits If the applicant is an owner of a company or a partner, he can submit the bank statement of the company with a letter from the bank proving he is a signatory on this bank account.
- Bank statements should not be “credit card statements”. If not enough balance on the current account, the applicant should additionally provide bank statements of the “saving accounts” for the last 3 months. The bank statement must show the applicant’s name, and be stamped and signed by the bank’s representative (cash is not accepted as proof of funds).
- For retired persons: proof of pension or other regular income.
- Please highlight your regular income (salary, pension, etc…) on the bank statement.
Medical insurance- Overseas Travel Insurance
Requirements: Valid for the entire period of the requested visa and for all Schengen countries. Minimum coverage 30,000 € and repatriation. (Medical insurances of credit cards are not accepted). Conditions must be stated either on an insurance document or on a separate verification letter
Letter from local employer/sponsor (NOL): Including name, postal address and telephone number of sponsor/company, with details about applicant’s working position, starting date of employment and salary and expected date to resume duties and intention of travel. Also valid trade license copy for investor/partner of the company.
In case of dependents- Sponsors valid passport copy and UAE residence visa to be attached with the cover letter.
Additional documents for minors below the age of 18 (if applicable) – proving legal parenthood: Copy of either birth certificate/proof of adoption/custody decree, if parents are divorced / death certificate of parent (Consulate reserves the right to request the original document at a later stage). Documents, need to be translated into either German or English. “Letter of consent” (Authorization of Minors) from parents, including passport copies and valid UAE residence visa copies of both parents/ legal guardian.
- Confirmed return flight tickets
- Hotel Reservation
- Day wise travel plan (Itinerary)
Supporting Documents Needed for Germany Tourist Visa
- If a company owner; Company Trade License Copy and if it is a partnership, NOC from the partner is also needed.
- If Student: School / College / Institute ID Card
- If Retired: Proof of retirement like pension book, statement etc.
- If Minor: Birth Certificate; No Objection Certificate from the parent’s non-accompanying parent
- If Visiting friend or relative: Invitation letter; Inviter’s ID proof like Passport or Resident Permit, Address proof like any Electricity bill, any Utility bill etc.
- If Sponsored: Sponsorship letter; Sponsor’s national ID proof or Resident permit, Updated bank statement of last 6 months,
- For Business Visa: Invitation letter from host Company stating the purpose of the trip, business details etc
Additional information for the applicant on terms and conditions of the German Tourist Visa Process
- All German tourist visa applications can be filled using the online VIDEX application www.videx.diplo.de you are requested to thoroughly check all entries in their written application (paper and/or the electronic “VIDEX”) prior to submission.
- Responsibility for all given information lies within the applicant himself. Any typo error or any misinformation will result in the rejection of the application.
- All German Tourist visa fees must be paid in advance while submitting the application and paid in cash or card (AED).
- The minimum processing time for a German Tourist visa is 15 working days.
- Applicants are requested to apply for the tourist visa in advance but note more than 180 days prior to their travel.
- During the visa processing, the original passport will remain with the German consulate. Passports can only be withdrawn if a written request by the applicant himself is presented to the Consulate
- The German consulate reserve the right to ask for additional supporting documents if needed or they may call for a personal interview
- Any fake information, fake booking or fake statement will result in rejection of the application.
Germany Tourist Visa in UAE
Visa Fee Adult : AED 340 Visa Fee Child : AED 170 Application Center Fee Dubai : AED 89 Application Center Fee Abu Dhabi :AED 116 Go Kite Fee : AED 300
Germany Visa Types for UAE Citizens and Residents
- Airport Transit Visa. This visa for those travellers who wish to travel to non-schengen destination via Germany
- Tourist/Visitor Visa. Apply for this visa if you wish visit Germany for leisure purposes.
- Business Visa. If you wish to participate in business related activities in Germany
- Trade Fair & Exhibitions Visa. This is the visa you need if you wish to participate at a trade fair or exhibition.
- Student Visa (Visum Zu Studienzwecken). If you are a student and you have already been admitted at a university in Germany.
- Student Applicant Visa (Visum Zur Studienbewerbung). If you plan to travel to Germany to apply at a university, to sit for an acceptance exam or interview.
- Language Course Visa (Visa for Language Learning).If you intention is to learn German language course.
- Training/Internship Visa. Apply for this visa if you are planning to participate in training or internship.
- Job Seeker Visa. Apply for this visa if you wish to travel to Germany to seek a job.
- German Freelance “Freiberufler” Visa. If you plan to work in Germany as a freelancer this is the visa you need.
- Working Visa. If you already found a job in Germany you can apply for this visa.
- Germany Visa for Cultural, Film Crew, Sports, and Religious Event Purpose. You will need to apply for this visa if you are touring to Germany under the intent of participating at a Cultural, Sports, or Religious event or as part of a Film Crew.
- Guest Scientist Visa. If you are a scientist and you have been requested by an institution or company in Germany to invent a research there, apply for a Guest Scientist Visa.
- Medical Treatment Visa. If you are planning to seek medical treatment at one of the German hospitals or clinics.
German Missions in UAE
Below are the two German missions in the United Arab Emirates:
- the German Embassy in Abu Dhabi and
- the Consulate General in Dubai.
The Consulate General in Dubai is the only German mission in the UAE offering consular services of all kinds.
German Embassy Abu Dhabi
- Office Address: The Towers at the Trade Center, West Tower, 14th Floor, Abu Dhabi Mall
- Tel: +971 2 596 77 00
- Fax: +971 2 644 69 42
Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany – Dubai
- Office Address: 14 A, Jumeirah I, Dubai
- Tel: +971 4 349 88 88
- Fax: +971 4 349 50 5
- Opening hours: Sunday to Wednesday 8 am to 3 pm, Thursday 8 am to 1 pm